Realizing the Promise of the World’s Energy Revolution examines why these advances may prove hard to replicate in other countries, even where the appetite for development exists.
To develop a lasting solution, governments and energy companies will need to work together on five key issues. These are:
- Aligning policy and investment
- Addressing key uncertainties through regulation
- Developing high-quality institutional and infrastructure support
- Building confidence through data collection
- Engaging local stakeholder concerns early on
Failure to address these areas could result in a significant risk of policy reversal, abortive expenditures, execution failures, and the loss of trust.