As one of the major cost categories as well as critical to safety management and customer experience, airlines carefully manage their fleet plans and maintenance activities. Fleet renewal, next-gen aircraft and new technologies are significantly influencing the evolution of the MRO industry -- from carbon fiber composites and hybrid alloys with special coatings to affect the frequency and methods of repair, to self-monitoring new generation aircraft that provide gigabytes of data on each flight, and beyond. These new developments will change the face of the industry including how, when and where MRO is performed.
Special sections in this extensive for purchase report include:
- Fleet forecasts and related economic drivers such a GDP growth rates, fuel prices, load factors, traffic patterns and growth for passenger and cargo aircraft including data on deliveries, aircraft retirements and in-service fleets
- Forecasts by OEM along with orders, deliveries and backlogs
- Aircraft class and platforms plus aircraft migration trends
- Aircraft leasing trends including regional trends and financing requirements
- 10-year MRO forecasts for airframe, engine, component and line maintenance
- Aircraft maintenance spend by major platform, vintage, and geographic region