Oliver Wyman's support includes asset valuation and analysis of asset-backed securities; structuring and development of securities, including risk assessment at various levels; and provision of risk assessment analysis to underwriters as part of the due diligence process.
Recent Project Examples:
- Conducted valuations for rail rolling stock portfolios in the US, Europe, and Australia for financial institutions and rail equipment lessors
- Developed mark-to-market value ranges for various aircraft types and led lease renegotiation efforts for several airlines
- Developed negotiation roadmaps, providing insights into stakeholder motivation and likely responses to structured finance transactions
- Provided financial restructuring support to investment banking teams, based on our knowledge of the company, industry, and assumptions underlying the valuation and pro forma projections
- Selected distressed automotive companies as a basis for debt investment opportunities
- Conducted operational and strategic due diligence in support of debtor-in-possession financing