What We Do
Oliver Wyman helps clients during the valuation, structuring, and execution phases of securitization, reinsurance, and other structured finance transactions.
Oliver Wyman's support includes asset valuation and analysis of asset-backed securities; structuring and development of securities, including risk assessment at various levels; and provision of risk assessment analysis to underwriters as part of the due diligence process.
Recent Project Examples:
- Conducted valuations for rail rolling stock portfolios in the US, Europe, and Australia for financial institutions and rail equipment lessors
- Developed mark-to-market value ranges for various aircraft types and led lease renegotiation efforts for several airlines
- Developed negotiation roadmaps, providing insights into stakeholder motivation and likely responses to structured finance transactions
- Provided financial restructuring support to investment banking teams, based on our knowledge of the company, industry, and assumptions underlying the valuation and pro forma projections
- Selected distressed automotive companies as a basis for debt investment opportunities
Conducted operational and strategic due diligence in support of debtor-in-possession financing