What We Do
Oliver Wyman has a long track record of helping investors value, intermediate, and place major infrastructure and other business development projects.
Across industries such as transportation, communication, and energy, Oliver Wyman has developed market demand forecasting for large infrastructure projects; quantified risk and priced, structured, and negotiated public-private development and investment options; and assessed alternative bid or transaction structures from market and financing perspectives.
Recent Project Examples:
- For mining companies seeking to increase export volumes, significantly reduced the capital expenditures required to expand rail and bulk port terminal capacity versus the transport provider's plan and helped negotiate new ownership structures and tariff rates
- Developed an investment-grade forecast of future demand to support the expansion of the Panama Canal
- Helped to form a project-based joint venture with a Middle Eastern private equity firm by leveraging our existing relationships
- Developed the concession framework and financial model for new transit systems in Colombia
- Conducted detailed synergy evaluations of several regional energy utility acquisitions for integration into a unique parent platform
- Reviewed portions of a client's portfolio of unregulated businesses to determine targeted future roles and contributions