In partnership with BME (Bundesverband Materialwirtschaft, Einkauf und Logistik e.V.), Oliver Wyman hosted a CPO panel discussion on “Transforming Procurement into a Powerhouse” on November 12. The event was part of the 50th BME Symposium in Berlin on 11-13 November with about 2,500 participants. The CPO-Dialogue is a unique platform for discussing and evaluating the steps of a successful transformation journey. After an introductory speech by Tobias Sitte, Grégory Kochersperger and Prof. Dr. Robert Fieten, Director Program Committee at BME, led a panel discussion on four main questions:
- What are key elements, success factors and hurdles of a “Procurement Transformation”?
- What can the CPO contribute to make companies more resilient in view of the paramount risks of the business?
- How can the CPO foster competitive advantage beyond classical savings and cost-cutting?
- How will “Digital Industry” or “Industry 4.0” impact procurement? What challenges and chances for procurement are linked to this upcoming industrial transformation?
The panelists were:
- Volker Bargon (Corporate Senior Vice President Procurement at Boehringer Ingelheim)
- Christian Holzer (CPO at ThyssenKrupp)
- Raffael Berruyer (Deputy CPO at Thales Alenia Space)
- Volker Purschke (CPO at Siemens Healthcare)
A Q&A session with the auditorium concluded the roundtable. 35 selected CPOs and C-Suites joined the event