Against the backdrop of Brexit, market uncertainty and its impact on investor confidence, Utility Week’s 2020 Investor Summit will bring together government, regulators, investors, analysts and ratings agencies, utility CEOs and CFOs to explore new strategies to address evolving threats posed by increased competition, M&A activity, regulatory pressure, and market volatility. It will equip participants with the insight to refine existing strategies and align customer, environmental and financial priorities.
Oliver Wyman Session
Andrew Perry, Oliver Wyman principal, will participate in a panel discussion about infrastructure investment and climate change, which will answer questions such as:
- Is UK funding of critical national infrastructure at the right level and pace?
- Is it right to tighten investment in the face of climate change?
- How is fossil fuel divestment reshaping investor portfolios?
- How will macroeconomic and political uncertainty (e.g. Brexit & re-nationalisation) affect the appetite for investment in critical national infrastructure?
The panel, moderated by Suzanne Heneghan, Acting Editor at Utility Week, will also include:
- Lindsay McQuade, Chief executive officer, ScottishPower Renewables
- Bronte Somes, Managing director, head of infrastructure equity Europe, UBS Asset Management
- Alejandro Ciruelos, Managing director, project & acquisition finance, Santander
- Ronan Larkin, Director of finance & regulation, Northern Ireland Water
Andrew Perry on Infrastructure Investments
What should infrastructure investors consider when investing in today's uncertain times?
In today’s unprecedented energy environment, traditional business models are becoming outdated. The Energy Transition has introduced opportunities to enhance efficiency, improve the customer experience, and collaborate with other industries. With the climate agenda at center stage, calls for decarbonization and increasing regulation on the use of fossil fuels echo through governmental chambers worldwide. Our Energy team helps clients make sense of new trends, challenges, and opportunities in Energy, while efficiently and effectively managing their existing business and assets.
Join the #OWEnergy conversation!