So far we have had the opportunity to hear experiences from CEOs of major Chinese retailers as well as discuss what we at Oliver Wyman are seeing taking place within organizations and across the industry during these uncertain times. We have identified a number of key topics we believe to be core to business continuity in the coming months, which we have views and insights on and are continuing to use to guide the conversations. So far we have focused on four topics during the sessions: Perspectives and learnings from the Chinese market, E2E Supply & Demand Management, Suppliers Management & Partnership, Labor Availability, Health, Safety & Wellbeing. For each of the topics there is a reflection on which are the main challenges that the industry is going through and the measures being implemented by the retailers to face those challenges, which can be found in our summary presentation from the panels that have already taken place.
If you are a retail executive and are interested in hearing more, attending a future session, or have any general questions, please email email@example.com.
Additionally, you can also read our recent article “Six Things Retailers Should Do To Keep Calm And Carry On,” which includes key learnings from our recent discussions.
Upcoming Sessions and Topics:
- Demand Evolution: TBD, Consumer behaviour
- Long-Term Prospects/Opportunities: TBD
Previous Sessions and Topics:
- Introduction – Perspectives from the Chinese Market, March 24 – with guest speaker Claude Sarrailh, CEO, Metro
- Introduction – Perspectives from the Chinese Market, March 26 – with guest speaker Peter Huang, CEO, Sun Art
- Supply Chain & Sales Management Cooperation, Health & Safety, March 27 – discussion on current situation and dynamics in Europe
- Overall Economic Perspective: April 7 - with guest speaker Andrew Porteus, European Consumer & Retail Research Co-head, HSBC
- Overall Economic Perspective: April 9 – with guest speaker Maria-Laura Adurno, Food Retail VP, Morgan Stanley
- Learnings on Fresh Products: April 16
- Overall Economic Perspective: April 17 - with guest speaker Geoff Ruddell, Head of European Non-Food Retail, Morgan Stanley
- Pandemic Scenario Forecasting: April 23 - with Oliver Wyman Health & Life Sciences Partner Helen Leis and Oliver Wyman Insurance Partner Michael Moloney
- Leadership & Getting Back to Work: April 30 - with Oliver Wyman Organizational Effectiveness Partner Keith McCambridge
- Accelerating Digital Payments: May 14 - with Oliver Wyman Head of EMEA Payments Partner Martina Weimert and Oliver Wyman Payments Partner Pablo Tramazaygues