Because IT touches every aspect of a company’s operations, the number of questions boards could pose about technology-related decisions is nearly limitless. But in our opinion, these six questions should be on every board’s agenda.
- How do you determine the strategic importance of IT to the business?
- How do you evaluate the evolving IT capabilities of competitors that could threaten our industry position?
- How do you allocate dollars across the portfolio of IT investments to ensure an efficient risk return?
- What trade-offs are you making in managing the IT portfolio?
- How are you effectively executing on major IT programs?
- How do you ensure that a breadth of best practice capabilities and processes are in place to protect the firm from operational and security risks – both now and in the future?