The Australian wealth management sector is about to experience a period of growth, with the potential to serve the financial needs of nearly 75% of the population, who are currently underserved.
Oliver Wyman surveyed 2,000 Australian consumers to identify their needs and attitude towards seeking wealth management-related assistance and advice. The survey revealed that consumer needs have evolved: they now require support with core financial needs throughout their lifetime to enhance financial wellbeing. Addressing the gap in basic financial literacy is also a necessity.
This event will present the key findings from the survey and explore how the broader wealth sector — including advisors, wealth platforms, asset managers, banks, and life insurers — can reevaluate their approach to customer segmentation, reinvent their offerings, establish partnerships, and build new capabilities that can put Australians on a pathway to better financial harmony.
This is an invite-only event that will adopt an interactive discussion format, enabling attendees to engage directly with experts in the wealth management industry.
- Melbourne: October 17, 2023, 08:30—10:00 AEST
- Sydney: October 30, 2023, 08:30—10:00 AEST
- 08:30—08:35 AEST: Opening Remarks
- 08:35—08:50 AEST: Presentation: Reimagining Wealth Management Key Findings
- 08:50—09:55 AEST: Panel discussion and Q&A
- 09:55—10:00 AEST: Closing remarks by Oliver Wyman
- John Gross, head of strategic growth, Mercer
- Simon Pelletier, partner, Oliver Wyman
- Jo Reilly, head of member growth and marketing, AustralianSuper
- Kylie Young, executive of personal banking, National Australia Bank
- Jeroen Buwalda, chief operating officer, Colonial First State
- Cathy Hales, chief executive officer of Wealth Pacific, Mercer
- Graham Harvey, senior partner of Brand Strategy, Lippincott
- Sally Loane, chair, Ignition Advice