Blockchain Association Singapore (BAS) is pleased to announce that its annual conference, SG Blockchain Day 2021, will be held on Friday, 12 November 2021.
SG Blockchain Day 2021 continues to focus on current and emerging developments in the blockchain and digital assets industry as well as its surrounding ecosystems.
Oliver Wyman is proud to join the Blockchain Day as the Knowledge Partner to share our latest insights in the space. SG Blockchain Day 2021 is part of the Singapore FinTech Festival.
Register now to gain complimentary access to the virtual conference.
Oliver Wyman Sessions
Keynote: CBDCs and the Future of Money
Panel: Digital Currencies: What the Future Holds
10:15 – 11:15am SGT, 12 November
Global corporates move nearly $24 trillion across countries annually, equivalent to about 25% of global GDP. To do this, they have to rely on wholesale cross-border payment processes which remain sub-optimal from a cost, speed and transparency standpoint. Are CBDCs a solution to the $120 billion payment problem, and how can central banks and commercial banks partner to develop, operate, and govern a mCBDC network?
- Jason Ekberg - Partner, Financial Services, Oliver Wyman
- (Moderator) Tek Yew Chia - Head of Insurance, Asia-Pacific and Vice Chairman, Singapore, Oliver Wyman
- Wee Kee Toh - Advisor, Bank for International Settlements
- Naveen Mallela - Global Head of Coin Systems, Onyx by J.P. Morgan
- Rahul Advani - Policy Director APAC, Ripple
- Steven Hu - Executive Director - Digital Assets, Standard Chartered
Keynote: Digital Assets Going Mainstream
Panel: Institutional Opportunity in Crypto Markets
2:15 – 3:15pm SGT, 12 November
Digital assets are generating significant market interest. In the unregulated crypto market, startups and early investors have enjoyed enormous value creation, while in the enterprise space, firms have taken technologies developed and tested in the crypto market and adapted it to payments and settlement, record keeping, securitization, and trading. As adoption accelerates and digital assets go mainstream, there are multiple commercial opportunities for financial institutions and significant first-mover advantage to be taken in the crypto markets.
- James Gordon - Principal, Oliver Wyman
- (Moderator) Sean Kennedy - Partner, Head of Finance and Risk, Public Policy, and Digital, Asia Pacific, Oliver Wyman
- Daniel Lee, Head of Business & Listing, DBS Digital Exchange
- Sagar Sarbhai - Director, Business Solutions, Fireblocks
- Ben Reeve - Partner, Financial Services, Oliver Wyman
- Keat Lai - Digital Asset Advisor, Oliver Wyman