3 WINNERS OF THE GLOBAL FINTECH HACKCELERATOR 2021
Congratulations to the three winners of the Global FinTech Hackcelerator:
- Descartes Insurance (France)
- RootAnt and Global Initiatives (Singapore)
- YOUKI (Germany)
For more information about the winning solutions and the Demo Day judges, click here.
20 FINALISTS FOR GLOBAL FINTECH HACKCELERATOR
A total of 280+ applications for the Local Hackcelerator programme and 200+ submissions for the International Partner Challenges Programme were received. 10 finalists from the Local Programme, supported by Oliver Wyman, were selected after rigorous judging from a panel of industry leaders. Another 10 finalists in the International Programme are winners of Green Finance related competitions and programmes organized by selected international partners.
Finalists: Local Programme
- Alter5: Alter5 is a platform for institutional investors to invest in sustainable alternative assets in a fully digital environment.
- Banyan Infrastructure: Banyan is an automated loan and risk management data platform for banks that originate, service, and securitize loans to distributed renewable energy systems and other sustainable infrastructure projects.
- CredQuant Solutions: CredQuant is a research and risk analytics platform for sustainable investments that leverage AI to digitally transform the way capital market participants comprehend financial information and make investment decisions.
- Descartes Underwriting: Descartes’ parametric solutions leverage cutting-edge technology and new data sources to hedge against threats such as meteorological risks and funding difficulties for renewable energy projects.
- Evercity: Evercity automates the issuance and monitoring of sustainable finance. They make sustainable finance easy and more accessible for institutional impact investors and SMEs while increasing the transparency of the impact data.
- MioTech: MioTech’s AI-driven market intelligence platform facilitates comprehensive ESG data and analytics in a user-friendly interface to help investors incorporate sustainability considerations and risk management across their portfolio.
- Net Purpose: Net Purpose is the world’s first dedicated data provider for a new generation of investors who invest for profit and purpose.
- Nexus Frontier Tech: Nexus’ Intelligent ESG Solution harnesses AI technology to provide investors with at-a-glance analysis and benchmarking of companies’ ESG performances for easy comparability and smart investment decision-making.
- RootAnt Global: Rootant and Global Initiatives have joined hands to create a green fintech platform which seamlessly integrates assessment, financing, and supply chain workflows for the benefit of companies, suppliers, and financiers to work collaboratively and efficiently across multiple geographies and sectors.
- YOUKI: WATTIFY is YOUKI’s crowdinvest platform that allows fractional ownership of renewable energy assets using blockchain technology. The resulting yields are held as tokens, and the underlying energy plants securitize the investment.
Finalists: International Programme
- CRIF and R.E.D.: The Climate Risk Analytics Suite is a unique digital platform containing a wide set of instruments that can support financial institutions to align with the requirements on the monitoring and reporting of climate-related risks and opportunities for international standards.
- Greenomy: Greenomy’s offers companies and financial institutions a collaborative one-stop platform to report and comply with the new EU Sustainable Finance Reporting regulations.
- Home Infrastructure Technology: Add To My Mortgage is Home Infrastructure Technology’s point-of-sale finance platform for homeowners to invest in green home improvements quickly and simply, using their existing mortgage.
- Mympact: Mympact uses open banking to help millions track their CO2-footprint across accounts and motivates them with tips, challenges, and sustainable partnerships to manage their impact and live a sustainable life.
- Neuroprofiler: The ESGprofiler helps financial institutions assess their clients’ ESG preferences through behavioral finance and gamification.
- Qarnot Computing: Qarnot provides a unique green computing solution. Their infrastructure is distributed in buildings, where the heat generated by computing servers can be locally and directly valued.
- SkyBlu AI: SkyBlu’s AI-based solution uses a digital elevation model and satellite imagery to simulate the flow of water after heavy rainfall. It supports insurers with better flood risk estimation and offers unprecedented address-level precision.
- Sustainaccount: Sustainaccount is filling the information gap on ESG data from private market companies with data modeling and machine learning.
- Uni Inclusive: Uni Inclusive’s green finance integrated services platform fosters a digital ecosystem to effectively unlock green and sustainable finance.
- WeavInsight: WeavAir offers a proactive end-to-end solution that quantifies ESG of operations, saves energy and reduces operational and maintenance costs.
For more information on the finalists and judges for Demo Day, click here.
What is in it for the participants
The finalists will pitch their solutions at the Global FinTech Hackcelerator Demo Day at this year’s SFF. All finalists will receive a S$20,000 cash stipend and be eligible for a fast-tracked application process to receive a cash grant of up to S$200,000, under the MAS Financial Sector Technology and Innovation (FSTI) Proof-of-Concept Scheme. The top three winners will also walk away with a total of S$150,000 prize money.
GLOBAL FINTECH HACKCELERATOR 2021 OVERVIEW
Oliver Wyman is supporting the Monetary Authority of Singapore (MAS) in organizing the 6th edition of the Global FinTech Hackcelerator (GFH), which seeks to apply innovative market-ready solutions to address real industry needs.
This year’s focus is on Green Finance and accelerating Singapore’s growth as a Green Finance hub for the region. Industry leaders from across the world have submitted problem statements under the following categories:
- Category I: Mobilize capital: Improve access to capital for Green projects or solutions
- Category II: Monitor commitment: Enhance ease of monitoring commitments pledged to the development of green finance and sustainable projects
- Category III: Measure impact: Improve efficacy of impact measurements in every phase of green projects and developments
We have a total of 52 problem statements across the 3 categories. View the problem statements here
Applications are closed.
Step 1: Application (5 May – 4 July 2021)
Register for an APIX account and submit your proposal directly on the APIX platform.
Step 2: Judging round (Jul – Aug 2021)
Up to 15 teams will be selected as finalists by a panel of industry leaders. The list of finalists will be announced in August 2021.
Step 3: Hackcelerator Workshop (Sep – Oct 2021)
Finalists will be paired with a Corporate Champion and will undergo various workshops to strengthen their value proposition and refine their solution. Finalists will also utilize cloud prototyping platform APIX to conceptualize and refine prototypes and solutions.
Step 4: Demo Day Presentation @ Singapore FinTech Festival 2021 (Nov 2021)
At the end of the Hackcelerator Workshop, all finalists will have the chance to demonstrate their solution at the Singapore FinTech Festival in November 2021.
All finalists will also receive a cash stipend of S$20,000, to be used either to develop a contextualized POC or enhance their solution with a corporate, and the top 3 winners will receive an additional cash prize of S$50,000 each.
Qualifying finalists are fast-tracked to receive up to S$200,000 Financial Sector Technology and Innovation Grant from MAS to participate in a Proof of Concept with their Corporate Champion or other suitable financial institutions. There will be a chance for commercial development and actual adoption of solutions into a client context.
For any further queries, please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
For more information on the Hackcelerator, click here.