The Financial Restructuring MENA Conference is a strategic regional gathering aimed at facilitating effective restructuring for corporates undergoing insolvency while enabling banks to successfully manage their NPA portfolios. It offers a unique platform for the region’s regulators, stressed and distressed businesses, banks, restructuring advisories, law-firms and other key players to addresses challenges, promote stakeholder collaboration, and offer practical solutions.
- Enable successful corporate restructuring for family businesses and large organizations while effectively managing MENA banks’ NPL portfolios.
- Convene the full spectrum of stakeholders to address challenges in successful debt restructuring and offer adequate solutions for the MENA region.
- Assemble world class service providers to offer banks, corporates, private equity companies and investors with unrivalled expertise and insights.
- Create awareness among organizations on legal and out of court corporate restructuring solutions available to support their organizations through tough times.
- Promote the region’s business conduciveness and attractiveness to foreign investments by discussing measures for further strengthening the insolvency and bankruptcy regimes.
As a Strategic Partner, Oliver Wyman hosted a networking booth in the main exhibition area, as well as shared its expertise during the closing panel of the conference.
Weathering Uncertainty: 3 Scenarios For The Middle East Restructuring
Oliver Wyman Session
Are we ready for the turbulence ahead?
Thursday, March 16 | 12:00 GST
This closing panel discussed strategies, and best practices to successfully navigate the volatile market ahead with key industry stakeholders sharing their insights on keeping NPA portfolios in check, minimizing potential insolvencies, and facilitating more restructurings.
Matti Kasi | Director, Turnaround & Restructuring, Alix Partners, UAE
- Pietro Castronovo | Partner, Oliver Wyman, UAE
- Simon Charlton | Chief Restructuring Officer, Ahmad Hamad Al Gosaibi & Bros, Saudi Arabia
- Thomas Bullock | Director, Deloitte, UAE
- Khalid Anib | Chief Executive Officer, Abu Dhabi National Hotels, UAE
- Raja Tanzeel Khalid Banwa | Head of Financial Restructuring & Remedial, Emirates Islamic Bank, UAE
- Ardil Salem | Partner, Hogan Lovells International LLP, UK
ADGM Building Authorities
Abu Dhabi, UAE