GLOBAL FINTECH HACKCELERATOR 2022
In its 7th edition, the Monetary Authority of Singapore (MAS) Global FinTech Hackcelerator, powered by Oliver Wyman, seeks to unlock the potential of FinTech in accelerating the development of Web 3.0 and Green Finance solutions.
A total of 57 problem statements have been submitted by global financial institutions and corporates this year, categorized around the two pillars:
- Embed Blockchain Tech: Explore areas that will help overcome scalability and implementation challenges
- Expand DeFi: Explore problems around identification and development of real-world use cases
- Monitor Commitment: Enhance Investor and Financial Institution ease of monitoring sustainability commitments from issuers
- Measure Impact: Improve ability to measure impact of loans and investments against their stated sustainability goals
The Global FinTech Hackcelerator is open to all solution provider with a market-ready product that can address any of the published problem statements.
View the problem statements here.
TOP 3 WINNERS
Congratulations to the following winners of the MAS Global FinTech Hackcelerator 2022 (in no order of merit):
For more information about the winning solutions and the Demo Day judges, click here
TOP 17 FINALISTS
Out of over 100 submissions for the Global FinTech Hackcelerator, 17 finalists, comprising FinTech firms and solution providers, have been shortlisted to pitch live at Demo Day at SFF on 2 November. 10 finalists from the Local Program, powered by Oliver Wyman, were selected after rigorous judging from a panel of industry leaders. Another 7 finalists in the International Program are winners of Web 3.0 and Green Finance-related competitions organized by selected international partners.
Finalists - Local Program
- Cogo [Green Finance]: Empowers millions of people and businesses globally with the ability to understand, measure, and reduce their carbon footprint through their everyday banking apps and accounting software.
- ESGnie [Green Finance]: Automates data tasks to enable ESG teams to perform in-depth and customized ESG assessments, as accurately as a human analyst, with little-to-no manual effort.
- FQX [Web3.0]: Creates a highly efficient and sophisticated tokenized debt infrastructure.
- GIST [Green Finance]: Combines sustainability frameworks with proprietary expertise to help investors and companies manage their impact on society.
- Givvable [Green Finance]: Tracks and maps supplier sustainability and ESG actions against their targets.
- Norbloc [Web3.0]: Covers the whole KYC lifespan from data collection, management, and validation via its digital onboarding platform, to data sharing and monetization.
- swIDch [Web3.0]: Enhances security, efficiency, and usability at the same time for every layer of security through secure and easy authentication.
- Taurus SA [Web3.0]: Allows regulated financial institutions to manage any digital asset: cryptocurrencies, tokenized assets, and digital currencies, across their entire lifecycle.
- WeavInsight [Green Finance]: Combines cutting edge AI analysis with new data sources like satellite imagery to gather accurate and real-time data which enables decision makers to achieve their ESG targets faster and more cost-efficiently.
- VerifyVASP [Web3.0]: Supports sustainable and responsible expansion of DeFi by providing an industry leading infrastructure for Travel Rule, data protection, and privacy regulations to Virtual Assets Service Providers (VASPs).
Finalists - International Partner Program
- Aleph Zero [Web3.0]: Enables rapid privacy-enhanced transactions and computations enabling users to regain control over their on-chain data.
- Azzera [Green Finance]: Serves hard-to-decarbonize industries by providing emissions measurement and a user-friendly integrated environmental marketplace with triple-verification and carbon credits.
- blockbank [Web3.0]: Aggregates and integrates TradFi, CeFi, and DeFi in a single mobile application for retail and institutional clients.
- Civic Ledger [Web3.0]: Serves Global Public Sector Markets by tokenizing real-world assets that can be traded and exchanged directly and in real-time on a digital platform to account for shared public resources and natural based assets.
- JOOS [Web3.0]: Enables community driven funding for content creators, where they can share their revenue and receive investments in return for a true platform independent creator community.
- ORMEX [Green Finance]: Finances carbon storage in sustainable agriculture and farming land-use using blockchain on a digital voluntary carbon-offsetting marketplace (VCM).
- Sweep [Green Finance]: Helps businesses track and act on their carbon, so they can become long-lasting companies.
More information about the finalists and judges here.
BENEFITS OF PARTICIPATING
Finalists will receive a S$20,000 cash stipend, free access to APIX, a cloud-based sandbox environment for rapid prototyping, mentorship by industry experts, access to potential clients and investments, and the opportunity to present their solutions to a panel of judges and global audience at Demo Day at this year’s Singapore FinTech Festival.
The top 3 winners will walk away with cash prizes worth S$50,000 each, and the chance to conduct a Proof-of-Concept with a Singapore-based Financial Institution with up to S$200,000 from MAS' Financial Sector Technology and Innovation (FSTI) Proof-of-Concept (POC) grant.
Check out testimonials from past finalists and winners of the Global FinTech Hackcelerator:
Step 1: Submit your application (May 27 – July 10, 2022)
Register for an account on the APIX platform and submit your proposal, telling us how your solution can solve the selected problem statement.
Step 2: Finalists shortlisted (July – August 2022)
Up to 20 finalists will be selected by a panel of industry experts. The finalists will be announced in August.
Step 3: Hackcelerator Program (August 22 – October 28, 2022)
Shortlisted finalists will join a series of workshops and be assigned a Corporate Champion throughout the ~10 week Hackcelerator program, who will provide mentorship and guidance to refine their solution. Finalists will also utilize cloud prototyping platform APIX to conceptualize and refine prototypes and solutions.
Step 4: Demo Day Presentation @ Singapore FinTech Festival (November 2, 2022)
Finalists will present their solutions to a panel of judges and a global audience on Demo Day @ Singapore FinTech Festival. The top 3 winners will be announced, and each team walks away with a S$50,000 cash prize.
All finalists can be fast-tracked to receive up to S$200,000 from MAS’ FSTI Proof-of-Concept grant to participate in a POC with their Corporate Champion or other suitable financial institutions. There will be a chance for commercial development and actual adoption of solutions into a client context.
For more information on the Hackcelerator, click here.