Blockchain and DeFi promise to unlock a radically different future for finance; at the same time there is an urgent need to minimize our physical impact on the environment. This year’s MAS Global FinTech Hackcelerator, powered by Oliver Wyman, aims to tackle both these issues, and unlock the potential of FinTech in accelerating the development of Web 3.0 and Green Finance in Singapore and the region.
Co-hosted by SFA and Oliver Wyman, the event on 14 June 2022 will uncover the problem statements for this year’s Hackcelerator and discuss the opportunities as well as challenges in leveraging FinTech solutions to address real industry needs.
3:30pm - Registration
4:00pm - Opening remarks
- Shadab Taiyabi, President, Singapore FinTech Association
4:05pm - Overview of the MAS Global FinTech Hackcelerator 2022
4:15pm - Panel Discussion: Opportunities and Challenges for FinTechs in Web 3.0 and Green Finance
- Moderator: Tek Yew Chia, Vice Chairman, Singapore, Oliver Wyman
- Lionel Wong, Head, Green FinTech Office, MAS
- Katie Mitchell, Chair of SFA Web 3.0 Subcommittee, and SVP, Global Head of Policy and Engagement, crypto.com
- Benjamin Soh, Chair of SFA Green & Sustainable FinTech Subcommittee, and Co-Founder & Managing Director, STACS
- Jaslyn Wang, APAC Institutional Capital, Polygon
4:50pm - Q&A
5:00pm - Networking drinks
7:00pm - End
Date: 14 June 2022
Time: 3:30 – 7:00PM SGT
Venue: Oliver Wyman Event Space
8 Marina View, Asia Square Tower 1, #09-07, Singapore 018960
We look forward to your participation in the event.
About the Global FinTech Hackcelerator 2022
In its 7th edition, the Monetary Authority of Singapore (MAS) Global FinTech Hackcelerator, powered by Oliver Wyman, seeks to unlock the potential of FinTech in accelerating the development of Web 3.0 and Green Finance solutions. The Global FinTech Hackcelerator is open to all solution providers with a market-ready product. Winners will walk away with a total cash prize of S$150,000, and the chance to conduct a Proof-of-Concept with a Singapore-based financial institution with up to S$200,000 from MAS' FSTI Proof-of-Concept grant. View the list of problem statements and submit your applications here.