The World Travel and Tourism Council will host this webinar that revolves around the topic of the adoption of innovative digital technologies to enable seamless travel as a global effort.
The COVID-19 pandemic is proving to accelerate innovation and the integration of new technologies. Digital adoption and consumption are on the rise, with consumers now expecting contactless technologies as a basic prerequisite for a safe and seamless travel experience, from viewing menus on their devices, and using mobile check-in to accessing aspects of their hotel rooms through their phones. Integrated digital solutions will be fast-tracked to reduce physical touchpoints across the journey. The sector will build on and aggregate existing solutions from biometric verifications and e-gates at airports, to contactless payments. All enhancing the traveller experience and addressing new concerns around capturing health data. Both sessions in the below agenda will be moderated by Oliver Wyman partner, Scot Hornick.
As the travel and tourism industry around the world continues to confront the effects of the coronavirus pandemic, significant strides are underway to restart global air travel when the time is right. Join the World Travel & Tourism Council and industry leaders for a compelling discussion on the necessary steps to a harmonized approach for the implementation of innovative technologies. What initiatives are airports and airlines implementing to achieve a contactless experience? How to harmonize the approach across air and non-air? What role traveller Digital Identity play? How the sector may drive public-private partnerships for a global approach?
9 am EST: Keynote Panelists
- Gloria Guevara, President and CEO, WTTC
- Olivier Onidi, Deputy Director-General European Commission
9:15 am EST: Digital Identity and the Traveller Experience Panelists
- Diane Sabatino, U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) Deputy Executive Assistant Commissioner, Office of Field Operations
- Luca Pronzati, Chief Business Innovation Officer, MSC Cruises
- Chris McLaughlin, Chief Operating Officer, Denver Airport
- Brandon Lowther, VP Cyber Security, Hilton
- Miguel Leitmann, CEO Vision-Box
10:15 am EST: The Enablers of Seamless travel Panelists
- Gordon Wilson, CEO Worldreach
- Greg Land, Head of Aviation, Hospitality & Travel, IBM Travel
- Kevin McAleenan, CEO Pangiam and Former Acting Secretary, Department of Homeland Security
- Sean Oxley, Director of Innovation, United Airlines