As Bay Area companies cautiously reopen for business, what are the tools and best practices they can adopt to safely welcome employees, customers, and clients back to the office, to the factory floor, and to retail stores?
San Francisco Partner and Leader of the Oliver Wyman Health Innovation Center, Sam Glick, joined a panel hosted by the Bay Area Council to discuss how Oliver Wyman is supporting governments, industry groups, and companies in their response to COVID-19. He shared considerations for reopening businesses responsibly, drawing on scenario modeling from Oliver Wyman’s proprietary Pandemic Navigator. Sam explained what the long haul looks like – and what leaders can do not just to weather the storm, but to reshape their organizations for the new reality. He was joined by leaders from Gilead Sciences and Unibail-Rodaco-Westfield (URW), who shared the challenges and perspectives they face as the Bay Area – and the world – return to work.
- Henry Bartholomay, Policy Manager, Bay Area Council (Moderator)
- Joydeep Ganguly, Senior Vice President, Corporate Operations, Gilead Sciences
- Sam Glick, Partner, Health & Life Sciences; Leader, Oliver Wyman Health Innovation Center
- Karen Strack, Senior Vice President, National Operations, Sustainability & Retail Delivery, Unibail-Rodaco-Westfield (URW); and Co-Chair of the Reopening of Retail in Los Angeles
Replay The Webinar
Click the links below to jump to some of Sam Glick's most salient points during the webinar.
- How the Pandemic Navigator came to be
- What the future might look like, and what events like the Great Depression and 9/11 can teach us about societal behavior change
- The mental health benefits boom
- The importance of connection with public health officials
- Workforce productivity and how to apply lessons learned from the COVID-19 crisis
- How businesses should approach uncertainty in the months ahead
- Being mindful of inequality as we explore new ways of working
#ICYMI Find key takeaways in below thread from today's @BayAreaCouncil panel "Getting #California Back To Work" w/ @SamOnHealth, @GileadSciences & @urw_group. Watch this space for playback > https://t.co/i8ShEqpbTy #OWGoesVirtual #OWHealth #OWCovid19 #healthcare #retail #COVID19 https://t.co/6TMOvFhQmT— Oliver Wyman (@OliverWyman) June 11, 2020