Sustainability is becoming increasingly more embedded in business decisions; this is especially true for the insurance sector as it plays a pivotal role in supporting the progress of sustainability agenda of corporations as well as governments. However, at present, many of its concepts and how they relate to insurance are still novel and evolving.
The Sustainability Masterclass for Insurers “Climate, Nature and the 1.5 Deg Future” is organized by the Sustainability in Insurance Committee (SIC) and supported by General Insurance Association of Singapore (GIA), Life Insurance Association Singapore (LIA), and Singapore Reinsurers’ Association (SRA). Oliver Wyman will be hosting the masterclass, along with experts from Marsh McLennan.
The masterclass aims to help insurers understand some of the key developments in the sector. Participants can expect to be equipped with more knowledge on some of the key areas that are becoming increasing critical for insurance companies, including:
- Capability building: How to think about resources, capabilities and governance within your organization
- Disclosures: Understanding the TCFD and TNFD requirements better and how to prepare
- Sustainability in investments : Creating impact through investments, approach for net-zero on investments and combatting green-washing
- Business opportunities: Innovation in products and sustainability related business opportunities for insurers
Who should attend?
The masterclass is designed for:
- C-suite and Board Directors with sustainability related responsibilities
- Heads of Relevant Departments/Functions (e.g., Sustainability, Risk Management, Investments, HR etc.)
- Middle Management and above with sustainability related responsibilities