Singapore Blockchain Week 2022, organized by the Blockchain Association of Singapore, is Singapore's premier Blockchain event. The week-long event is where leading organizations and top minds in the Blockchain industry gather, discuss and present the next key developments in the digital evolution. Oliver Wyman is supporting the event as a knowledge partner.
Themed “Web 3.0 and Beyond”, its anchor event, the Singapore Blockchain Week Summit, will bring together industry experts and pioneers through a conference and exhibition from 26 to 27 July 2022. The Singapore Blockchain Week Summit will focus on topics such as the outlook towards blockchain and digital assets, regulation, Web 3.0, Decentralized Finance (DeFi), enterprise blockchain, Non-fungible Tokens (NFTs), game finance, and blockchain for good, among others. Singapore Blockchain Week will bring together industry leaders, academics, innovators, government and regulatory bodies, as well as aid collaboration on a regional and international level.
Oliver Wyman Session
July 26 17:00 - 17:45
Panel: Crypto Payments: CBDC vs Stablecoin
- Moderator: Tek Yew Chia, Vice Chairman, Singapore and Head of Insurance, Asia Pacific, Oliver Wyman
- Aviessa Khoo, Executive Director Sales, Mercuryo
- Carney Mak, Head of Investment - Fintech, FXHB Asset Management
- Catherine@Thin Nwe Nyein, Project Manager, HyperBC
- Kunaal Patel, Customer Success Manager, Partior
About the Organizer
Blockchain Association Singapore (BAS) is a membership association that represents Singapore's global blockchain community. In recent years, BAS has actively engaged various stakeholders and conducted education programs. BAS' membership base has been expanding, with hundreds of members currently ranging from start-ups and SMEs, to global FinTech and Blockchain institutions and financial service firms.
BAS has also established international partnerships, forming ASEAN Blockchain Consortium with the following members:
- Asosiasi Blockchain Indonesia
- Blockchain Australia
- Distributed Ledger Technology Association of the Philippines
- Thailand Digital Asset Operators Trade Association
- Malaysia's Labuan International Business and Financial Center
Building on Singapore's existing strength in financial services and international relationships, BAS aims to build a strong blockchain ecosystem and establish role as a digital trust hub.