Companies are facing increasing pressure from investors, customers, regulators to address and manage ESG (Environment, Social and Governance) in a stronger way. As communities, economies, firms, and in some cases family and friends, struggle with the Covid pandemic, many companies have had to shift priorities. At the same time society is becoming more awake to systemic race and gender issues that have hindered equal opportunity. And the juggernaut coming in our direction is the issue of climate change - with many countries, cities and companies making "net zero" pledges and commitments to the Paris Agreement and regulatory action also driving the need to act to respond to climate challenges. And yet in the midst of all these challenges there is opportunity for companies who are able to focus and integrate ESG into their strategy and operations, and be able to communicate this with conviction.
Our partner Jennifer Tsim will introduce the topic during this Better Boards session, organized in Athens (Greece) with the support of the British Hellenic Chamber of Commerce, in association with the Financial Times Board Director Programme, and under the auspices of Leschi Epicheirimatikotitas.
4:30 pm Registration
5:00 pm The CEO - Elevating ESG Matters at the Boardroom – Jennifer Tsim, Partner, Oliver Wyman
- What is the ESG and why should companies care?
- What should companies focus on within ESG and what are the opportunities?
- Climate drill-down
- How are corporates and financial institutions responding to the climate challenge and what progress has been made?
- What are the barriers to progress on climate and how can companies achieve their ambitions?
- What role can financial services play to accelerate transition to a net zero carbon world?
Konstantinos Makedos - Chairman, Attica Bank SA
Theodora Antonakaki - Bank of Greece
Dinos Benroubi - Mytilineos SA
Maria Alexiou - ESG Senior Advisor, Titan Cement International SA
Michael Spanos - Founder & Managing Director, Global Sustain Group
7:30 pm Close