RailTrends is the most elite event catering to the North American freight railway industry, and Oliver Wyman is proud to be the headline sponsor. This two-day event brings together an exceptional mix of speakers from Class I executives to regulators to other industry influencers for an extremely timely and strategic overview of today's rail sector. The conference is attended by operators, owners, financial and capital communities, lenders, marketers, and other stakeholders involved in the rail business.
Rod Case, a transportation partner and former industry insider, will join a top notch set of speakers including:
- E. Michael O’Malley, President, Railway Supply Institute
- Chuck Baker, Partner, Chambers, Conlon & Hartwell, LLC President, National Railroad Construction & Maintenance Association
- Marc Brazeau, President and Chief Executive Officer, Railway Association of Canada
- Peter Gilbertson, President & CEO, Anacostia Rail Holdings, representing ASLRRA
- Rodney Case, Partner, Oliver Wyman
- Brian D. Hancock, Executive Vice President and Chief Innovation Officer, Kansas City Southern
- Jean-Jacques Ruest, President and Chief Executive Officer, CN
- Nadeem Velani, Executive Vice-President and Chief Financial Officer, Canadian Pacific
- Donald Broughton, Principal & Managing Partner, Broughton Capital
- Tony Hatch, Senior Transportation Analyst, ABH Consulting
- James Foote, President and Chief Executive Officer, CSX
- Stephen Gardner, Executive Vice President and Chief Commercial Officer, National Railroad Passenger Corporation (Amtrak)
- Ronald L. Batory, Administrator, Federal Rail Administration
- Richard (Dick) Kloster, Sr. Vice President, AllTranstek / FTR
- Lance M. Fritz, Chairman, President and Chief Executive Officer, Union Pacific
- Michael Bostwick, EVP and Chief Commercial Officer, PanAm Railways
- Eric Jakubowski, Vice President and Chief Commercial Officer, Anacostia Rail Holdings Company
- Stefan Loeb, Executive Vice President & Chief Commercial Officer, Watco Companies, LLC
- Michael Miller, Chief Commercial Officer for North America, Genesee & Wyoming Inc.
- Ed Hamberger, President and CEO, Association of American Railroads (AAR)
- Alan Shaw, Executive Vice President and Chief Marketing Officer, Norfolk Southern Corporation
For a full view of the agenda, please click here.
Rod’s speech is entitled “New Competitive Realities: Growth at Lower Costs.” View the livestream and download the presentation below:
Oliver Wyman Partner Rodney Case presents “New Competitive Realities: Growth at Lower Costs"
NEW COMPETITIVE REALITIES: GROWTH AT A LOWER COST
Transportation is an industry in transformation: With investments in new technology, step function increases of data flowing across the ecosystem, a surge of autonomous vehicles coming to roads, and new micro transit/transport services appearing, all against the backdrop of changing customer delivery demands and intensifying congestion patterns in major metropolitan areas. In his RailTrends presentation, Rod Case examines the risks and opportunities for the freight rail sector and the criticality of operational resiliency for the future of the industry.DOWNLOAD PDF