8th Annual Oliver Wyman Health Innovation Summit Focuses on Future Truths
Oct 29, 2020
Over 400 senior healthcare executives committed to altering the course of healthcare will join forces online from October 28 – 29, 2020 for this year’s eighth annual Oliver Wyman Health Innovation Summit.
This invitation-only event, titled Future Truths: Inevitable and Inspiring, brings together executives, experts, and influencers from across the globe to discuss and explore future predictions for the next decade. This event comes at a time when healthcare leaders are facing big changes and are seeking strategies on how to think, operate, and interact differently. At the event, new healthcare innovation research – Oliver Wyman Health Innovation Journal: Future Truths – will be launched. This research highlights what Oliver Wyman believes will become reality given the current trajectory – one where the creation of transformative solutions are is being accelerated by an unprecedented crisis. Summit attendees will also go on interactive, virtual inspiration tours to visit companies like CVS® HealthHUB® and Walmart Health Center to explore how some of the most innovative organizations are restructuring and modernizing the future healthcare market.
Sam Glick, Partner in Oliver Wyman’s Health and Life Sciences practice said, “While we’re all invested in addressing the pandemic in the near-term, our intention at the Summit is to create the space to step out of ‘triage mode’ and together, create a vision of the future – and explore how our recent experiences will impact the next 10 years.”
Highlights of this year’s Summit include:
- Noah Higgins-Dunn, CNBC.com’s Technology and Health Reporter, will help shape conversations on the future of healthcare alongside Mandy Cohen, MD, MPH, Secretary of the North Carolina Department of Health and Human Services. Together, they’ll share their views on public health and explore why the seemingly simple act of delivering clear communication in a politicized crisis remains a deceptively complex endeavor.
- Greg Adams, Kaiser Permanente’s Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, and former Senate Majority Leader and Founding Partner of Frist Cressey Ventures, Bill Frist, MD, will share how leaders and their teams can create and maintain innovative momentum amidst ongoing and rapidly evolving industry transformation and uncertainty.
- Nadja West, MD, the 44th US Army Surgeon General and former Commanding General of the U.S. Army Medical Command, will share her unique experiences leading from the front lines of a crisis.
- Aneesh Chopra, President of CareJourney and Former US Chief Technology Officer, will discuss the value that can be harnessed when data is in the hands of consumers as Tim Spence, Executive Vice President of Banking, Payments, and Strategy at Fifth Third Bank, connects the unexpected dots between banking and healthcare.
- Daniel Kraft, MD, Exponential Medicine’s Founder and Chair, Jennifer Schneider, MD, Livongo’s President, Roy Schoenberg, MD, MPH, Amwell’s President and Chief Executive Officer, and Fyodor Urnov, Innovative Genomics Institute Scientific Director, will share some new and exciting ways digital health and genomic medicine are becoming less reactive and more active, and how healthcare is finally embracing the importance of proactive medical prevention.
- Omar Dawood, MD, MPH, MBA, Calm’s Chief Medical Officer and Head of Sales, will discuss how perceptions around mental health and wellness are advancing and evolving.
- Ashish Jha, MD, MPH, Brown University School of Public Health Dean, and Ellen Zane, Chief Executive Officer Emeritus at Tufts Medical Center, will encourage attendees to question their current perceptions of what affordability in healthcare really means.
- Kim Keck, MBA, CFA, Blue Cross Blue Shield of Rhode Island’s President and Chief Executive Officer, who will soon become President and CEO of Blue Cross Blue Shield Association, will examine why transitioning over to value-based care is still a seemingly impossible struggle for many leaders.
There will also be Focused Conversations on topics such as:
- Biology Is Destiny No Longer (or maybe it never was)
- Digital Therapeutics: If You Build It (Right), Will They Come?
- Healthcare’s Front, Side, and Back Doors: Who Will Own the Master Key?
- Change is Afoot: Is Your Workforce Ready for the Digital Future?
- There’s No Place Like Home
Individuals not attending the event can follow along with Oliver Wyman on Twitter (@OliverWyman, @OWHealthEditor, #OWHIC). Exclusive Summit content will also be available on our online healthcare publication, Oliver Wyman Health, and after the event on the Oliver Wyman Health Podcast.
The Oliver Wyman Health Innovation Summit is supported by generous sponsors: the event’s platinum partners are Amwell, Navvis, and Softheon; the gold partner is Motive; innovator partners are Lark, Onduo, Pager, Quil, and 98point6.
For more information on this year’s event or to speak with Oliver Wyman about the Summit, please contact Francine Minadeo at firstname.lastname@example.org. For a complete agenda and roster of speakers, please visit the event website.
About Oliver Wyman
Oliver Wyman is a global leader in management consulting. With offices in 60 cities across 29 countries, Oliver Wyman combines deep industry knowledge with specialized expertise in strategy, operations, risk management, and organization transformation. The firm has more than 5,000 professionals around the world who work with clients to optimize their business, improve their operations and risk profile, and accelerate their organizational performance to seize the most attractive opportunities. Oliver Wyman is a wholly owned subsidiary of Marsh & McLennan Companies [NYSE: MMC]. For more information, visit www.oliverwyman.com. Follow Oliver Wyman on Twitter @OliverWyman.
About Oliver Wyman Health Innovation Center
Oliver Wyman launched the Health Innovation Center (OWHIC) in 2011 dedicated to promoting positive change in healthcare. OWHIC champions innovation by disseminating proven innovations; envisioning market-based solutions to today’s and tomorrow’s challenges; and establishing a cross-industry community of thought-leaders to share and shape ideas.
For the latest on the business of transforming healthcare, visit the Oliver Wyman Health digital platform at health.oliverwyman.com and follow us on Twitter @OWHealthEditor. For more information, visit oliverwyman.com.