Have you ever wondered what it is like to work in consulting?
Do you want to apply your analytical and coding skills to tackle a real business problem?
Sign up for our Oliver Wyman HackAtOW challenge! You will meet other European students and young professionals, join a multicultural and multi-background team and tackle a concrete innovation challenge to help one of our clients to make an impact on their business!
This is a unique opportunity to test your coding skills and be part of an international challenge while also having the opportunity to learn specific technical skills and soft skills from Oliver Wyman experts and peers.
The finalists will go to Madrid to pitch their idea in front of a jury and the winning teams will receive a prize and will have fast-track access to the selection process to join Oliver Wyman. Travel costs for the final phase are covered by Oliver Wyman.
One of our top Retail clients has hired Oliver Wyman to help understand their promotional program and assess the environmental impact.
You will be in charge of helping the client to understand the sales profile of key products and their current promotional program by looking at the sales and the promotion data.
Phase 1 – Offline
Participants will understand the client needs, evaluate them and provide a comprehensive analysis applying advanced analytics, machine learning and coding skills. You will be provided with specialized mentors on the most innovative content and methodologies.
Phase 2– Live in our Madrid Office
Selected teams will prepare a short pitch, answer questions and defend it in front of a jury of Oliver Wyman Experts.
You will receive feedback and training on templates, frameworks, and how to make a perfect pitch, with which you will present your idea to the judges.
Delve into the challenge topics, come up with your own ideas and work with the team to develop a winning solution.
You will expand your network and meet students from other European countries and the Oliver Wyman team!
- Winner (1st Prize): up to 2.000€/winning team
- First Runner-Up (2nd Prize): up to 1.000€/winning team
Who Can Register
This is the right challenge for you if you are:
- Student in the penultimate or final year of university studies, or recent university graduate or young professional with a quantitative academic background (Mathematics, Statistics, Physics, Computer Science, Informatics, Data Science, or Engineering).
- Fluent in English
- Additional fluency of the local office language that you are interested in for those outside of the UK (Germany, Greece, Italy, Spain)
- Comfortable using a programming language to explore and analyze data e.g. Python or R
- Enthusiastic about exciting questions and challenging topics in a quantitative environment
- Able to work in a team and a quick learner
- Keen to have fun with us!
Please note that you can participate individually or in a team of 2 members.
Finalist teams or individual will fly to Madrid on Thursday 20th
Travel, accommodation, and meals will be provided.
Be a part of this International innovation journey!