Jim Fields is the Program Lead for Practicing Wisely, focused on improving the appropriate use of medical care. As a Partner with Oliver Wyman, Jim leads the Midwest Market across all Practice Groups and also leads the Global Health Services practice. Jim has worked with Senior Leadership teams and Boards of Directors on key corporate strategy initiatives and with some of the nation’s largest and most respected corporate Associations on business imperatives and new ventures.
- Led the Enterprise Strategy with the CEO, Sr. leadership team, and Board of a Blue Cross and Blue Shield plan
- Drove an ACA strategy for a leading state-based Blue plan which exceeded its Exchange goals for membership and profitability
- Led a public markets entry strategy for a leading health IT solutions provider to capitalize on stimulus and reform
- Directed a Medicaid expansion strategy for a leading specialty care organization focused on capturing expansion members and serving specialized populations
- Led the pursuit of a large demonstration program with the Center for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) for a National Care Management company, which involved multiple organizations in developing a single coordinated offering
- Built a multi-product Seniors market strategy with a state-based Blue Cross Blue Shield plan
- Built local market development plans for a national health insurer to increase share penetration in 10 targeted markets
- Developed the national Medicare Part D entry strategy for a managed care company
- Developed a redesigned Care Management strategy with a leading Blue plan
- Directed the capabilities development, network build-out, and CMS application filing for the launch of two network-based Medicare Advantage products
- Created the Medicaid strategy for a National Health Insurer to expand its position in Medicaid through targeting programs & beneficiaries that best align with the organization’s capabilities for managing care
Jim is a Board member of Junior Achievement of Chicago and serves on the Board of Evaluators for Ball State University’s nationally ranked Entrepreneurship Program.