- For a regional health plan, Chris led the team that developed a strategy profitably growing market share. The scope of work included all aspects of the business model and involved extensive external market and competitive research. Currently in the process of helping the client execute against the strategic goals that were created.
- Developed a customer segmentation and sales force redesign for a regional managed care organization. Analysis included a detailed set of qualitative customer and broker interviews and a 900 person quantitative survey. Detailed economic models were prepared including an assessment and allocation of administrative costs to portray actual account profitability. Client is in the process of implementing a wide variety of operational changes to take advantage of the new opportunities.
- Developed a voluntary benefits product strategy for a large health insurance provider. Led the team that analyzed a spectrum of product categories (insurance, retirement services, other financial services) and developed a strategy, positioning, and business case for a bundled offering.
- For a national managed care company, Chris led a team that helped the client design and implement a new channel management strategy for key accounts. The team conducted extensive marketplace research to assess channel needs and worked with the client to develop a blueprint for the investments and processes needed to execute the plan.
- For a regional HMO, Chris led a team that developed an improved go-to-market strategy and positioning. The core of the analysis was a detailed customer segmentation effort for both employers and employees and has led to double-digit sales increases for the client.
Chris has also worked at Fidelity Investments, where he was a Director in the firm’s New Business Development group and played a key role in the development of Fidelity’s online banking strategy. In addition, he has been a consultant in A.T. Kearney’s Financial Institutions practice and an Analyst at J.P. Morgan & Co. in New York.
Chris holds a B.A. in English (Summa Cum Laude) from Middlebury College, an M.Phil. in English literature from Oxford University, and an M.B.A. from the Amos Tuck School of Business at Dartmouth College.