For them, crew management usually means having to deal with endless complaints or, worse, the time-sink of industrial relations. However, carriers that aggressively focus on all facets of their crew management function can reduce crew costs more than a fifth.
Through work with our clients on the crew supply chain, Oliver Wyman identifies five specific steps to help airline executives reduce this economic waste and capture up to four margin points. These include:
- Manage the supply chain as an integrated supply chain
- Measure, measure, measure
- Ensure you have robust end-to-end processes…and follow them
- Pay attention to the crew supply chain organization
- Invest (cautiously) in technology
Download the report to read the full story published by Airline Business.