Amit has 25 years of experience in the actuarial services industry with over 20 years in health care. Throughout his career, Mr. Trivedi has led Medicare bids and audits, commercial rate filings, FEHBP filings, underwriting functions, financial forecasting, and reserving. He also serves as an appointed actuary and has conducted provider capitation development, and fee analyses. In addition, Amit has performed forecasting and modeling for new provider health plans and advised on payer-provider partnerships including ACO start-ups. He has also been involved in mergers and acquisitions both with the acquiring and acquired organizations.
Amit’s professional experiences include:
- Pricing of commercial and Medicare products, including group, individual, managed care, indemnity, prescription drugs, ancillary benefits and medical coverage
- Development of models, assumptions and strategy for health plans and provider-payer partnerships/ACOs including analysis of population health management impact
- Analysis of impact of patient centered, clinic based care model for chronically ill population while Chief Actuary for CareMore. This included development of a durational forecast model for new markets based on actual outcomes in proven markets.
- Development of Medicare bids and associated strategy for start-ups and well established plans
- Financial reporting and forecasting for health insurance plans
- Actuarial pricing and underwriting of both Commercial business as well as Medicare Advantage Group
- Medical and Pharmacy Trend analysis for group, Medicare and other medical products.
Amit is a Fellow of the Society of Actuaries and a Member of the American Academy of Actuaries.