Rebecca has over 20 years of experience and specializes in disability insurance, enterprise risk management, life insurance and annuities, as well as oversight of large scale actuarial projects. Rebecca’s experience includes serving as Vice President at two large insurance companies focusing on financial and strategic management of individual disability insurance including pricing, planning and analysis, sales/underwriting support, and valuation.
Her experience with individual disability insurance includes:
• Providing strategic partnership and guidance to IDI business operations leadership, with focus of implications on financial results of various strategic options
• Overseeing product development and pricing for new IDI product
• Analyzing historical financial results for in-force business and incorporating into decision process for sales and underwriting
• Developing unique risk scoring system for new and existing business to understand holistic expectations for risk profile
• Managing financial plan development, quarterly results review and variance analysis relative to plan
• Overseeing quarterly close and valuation processes
• Partnering with claims management to understand variance of actual experience relative to expectations and to improve understanding of financial implications
• Overhauling broker compensation, with focus on simplification and expense reduction, while limiting sales disruption
Rebecca is a Fellow of the Society of Actuaries and a Member of the American Academy of Actuaries.