Patrick is a Partner in the New York office of Oliver Wyman and a member of the firm’s Health and Life Sciences practice. His primary areas of focus are corporate and business unit strategy for health plans, health service companies, pharmacy benefit managers (PBMs), and provider organizations. Much of his strategy work centers on helping organizations drive success in their value-based health initiatives.
Relevant experience includes:
• Designing a value-based care collaboration model between a regional health plan and a large integrated delivery network, including care model design, risk-sharing reimbursement arrangements, and a series of co-branded products
• Creating an Accountable Care Organization (ACO) strategy and model design for a multi-state regional insurer, including leading negotiations with local market providers
• Defining the five-year, network-wide value-based health migration strategy for a large Blue plan, including PCMH, ACO, bundled payments, and provider enablement plays
• Assisting a value-based health enablement and technology company define its 5-year growth strategy, including target markets and offerings, new capability requirements, and potential affiliation partners
• Driving the design and implementation of a Patient Centered Medical Home (PCMH) program for a large Blue plan
• Leading the transformation of the medical management function of a regional Blue plan, including the use of informatics for patient targeting, smart deployment of clinical resources, and an increased focus on preventive care
• Analyzing the capabilities and organizational structure of the healthcare management function (e.g., contracting, disease management, informatics, etc.) of a regional Blue health plan to identify strategies to reduce medical costs while maintaining quality
• Developing a five-year corporate strategy for a large Blue plan, including an evaluation of target market segments, a new approach to provider engagement, an assessment of the organization’s capabilities, and a rationalization of existing subsidiaries and lines of business
• Leading the design and development of a new academic health center (AHC) among a university, medical school, and three hospital partners, focused on research, education, and clinical medicine
Prior to joining Oliver Wyman, Patrick was a Principal in the Health Practice of Booz & Company (formerly Booz Allen Hamilton), and an Associate with ECRI, a boutique healthcare consulting and advisory firm.
Patrick holds an MBA from New York University’s Stern School of Business, and a BS in Molecular and Cell Biology from the Pennsylvania State University.