Parie specializes in playing at the seams between health plans and provider organizations. She is recognized as the Medicaid expert within our practice. She leverages her passion for serving the underprivileged populations, while developing Medicaid focused strategies for health plans and provider organizations alike.
- For a private equity company, assessed the Home and Community Based Services market (for Medicaid) in IL, IN, TX, LA and KY, to provide an overview of the market and assist in evaluation of potential targets
- For a state department, determined the optimal operational model for interfacing with and managing MCOs
- For a regional hospital system, conducted an expansion assessment into new services and geographies – the work included an assessment of the region, as well as potential targets
- For a regional hospital network, determined optimal capitation and contracting rates for the managed Medicaid population
- For a large Blue Plan assessed the best practices for serving the Intellectually Disabled/Developmentally Disabled population, including a high-level design of a care model
- For a regional insurer, assessed the Medicaid market in New York to determine the best potential options for market entry into the Managed Medicaid space (including HARP, FIDA and SNPs)
- For a large regional health system, designed and developed a Medicaid strategy, including shift to risk and FQHC partnerships
- For a large national health system, conducted a post-acquisition integration strategy, including optimization of service lines, identification of gaps and estimation of investment required to bring the acquirer up to best-in-class
- For a large national health system, assessed the market and identified potential targets across the state of Texas for future acquisition
- For a large national insurer, created and designed an approach to implement EBM guidelines for prostate and breast cancer; worked with a large panel of physicians, consumer advocacy organizations and patients to incorporate stakeholder input and launch a guidelines-focused physician program
- For a local health insurer, partnered with the Chief Medical Officer and Senior Medical Director to transform the provider engagement and medical management strategies in an Integrated Health Management environment. Activities included: 1) implementation of a Patient Centered Medical Home, 2) development of a new physician reimbursement model and 3) development of oncology-focused Programs of Excellence for Breast Cancer and Prostate Cancer
Prior to joining Oliver Wyman Parie was a scientist in the Physiological Chemistry department at Genentech, Inc. She has a PhD in Genetics and Biochemistry from Washington University School of Medicine in St. Louis and a BS in Biology from Illinois Wesleyan University. She has published several blog posts and papers on Medicaid, in addition to peer-reviewed publications in scientific journals.