Michael Wagner is a Partner in the Banking Practice at Oliver Wyman and leader of our financial services business in South America. Since joining Oliver Wyman in 1996 he has built up expertise across an array of key issues in Capital Markets and Corporate Strategy – central banks and regulation including:
- Working with Regulators around market organisation and financial reform issues (e.g. securitisation) as well as system wide bank prudential policies.
- Bank regulatory strategies (Basle 2/3) and adaptation of conduct regulation and supervision.
- Finance and risk function design and operational refinements, risk measurement and management, capital & balance sheet management, liquidity, market risk as well as operational risk, compliance and conduct risks
- Corporate development strategy and planning for top tier banks, transaction service and information providers that face decisions around consolidation/ acquisition and business line expansion;
- Evolution of market structure product creation and client service models, including impact on governance, decision making, customer service models and consolidation. The work focused on global exchanges, retail and wholesale banks and insurers
- Value optimisation strategies and performance management for financial services firms, including business alignment and optimisation of governance structures, investment allocation frameworks and valuation of outsourcing options.
- Operating model design and transformation for Banks including post-merger integration and compensation/incentive model design
Michael holds an M. Phil and PhD from Cambridge University in the UK.