Katie Cantor is a Partner in the New York office. She has more than ten years of experience in financial reporting, model validation, process efficiency and control reviews, reinsurance and capital management, mergers and acquisitions, and enterprise risk management.
Her recent experience includes:
- Evaluated results, assumptions, methodology, and controls used for the US statutory and US GAAP financial reporting of universal life (UL/ULSG, VUL and IUL), term, whole life, long-term care, and annuities (VA, FIA, FA, SPIA, DIA)
- Advised companies on the implementation of US GAAP valuation, including FAS 60, FAS 97, FAS 120, SOP 03-1, FAS 113, FAS 115, FAS 133, FAS 157, and FAS 159
- Advised companies on the implementation of US Statutory reporting, including CRVM / XXX / AXXX, CARVM, and VACARVM
- Supported several appointed actuary opinions and qualified to issue actuarial opinions for the NAIC Life and A&H Annual Statement
- Performed buy-side actuarial diligence for M&A transactions
- Performed PGAAP analysis in support of due diligence and post-acquisition implementation
- Consulted with companies on various aspects of risk transfer utilizing reinsurance and captive solutions
- Assessed the implementation, methodology, and results to develop embedded value (EV) and economic capital for several large insurers and reinsurers
- Led the development of projection models used to illustrate the sensitivity and changes under emerging insurance contracts standards accounting regimes
- Analyzed valuation methodologies and processes for auditability and external reporting readiness for US GAAP and EV reporting
Katie is a frequent speaker at industry meetings and webcasts and has been involved in several industry research initiatives related to financial reporting, dynamic policyholder behavior, and fair value risk mitigation.
She is a Fellow of the Society of Actuaries and a Member of the American Academy of Actuaries.