Her recent experience includes:
- Evaluated results, assumptions, methodology, and controls used for the US statutory and US GAAP financial reporting of universal life (UL/ULSG, VUL and IUL), term, whole life, long-term care, and annuities (VA, FIA, FA, SPIA, DIA)
- Advised companies on the implementation of US GAAP valuation, including FAS 60, FAS 97, FAS 120, SOP 03-1, FAS 113, FAS 115, FAS 133, FAS 157, and FAS 159
- Advised companies on the implementation of US Statutory reporting, including CRVM / XXX / AXXX, CARVM, and VACARVM
- Supported several appointed actuary opinions and qualified to issue actuarial opinions for the NAIC Life and A&H Annual Statement
- Performed buy-side actuarial diligence for M&A transactions
- Performed PGAAP analysis in support of due diligence and post-acquisition implementation
- Consulted with companies on various aspects of risk transfer utilizing reinsurance and captive solutions
- Assessed the implementation, methodology, and results to develop embedded value (EV) and economic capital for several large insurers and reinsurers
- Led the development of projection models used to illustrate the sensitivity and changes under emerging insurance contracts standards accounting regimes
- Analyzed valuation methodologies and processes for auditability and external reporting readiness for US GAAP and EV reporting
Katie is a frequent speaker at industry meetings and webcasts and has been involved in several industry research initiatives related to financial reporting, dynamic policyholder behavior, and fair value risk mitigation.
She is a Fellow of the Society of Actuaries and a Member of the American Academy of Actuaries.