James Morgan is the Americas Co-Head of Data Science and Engineering in Oliver Wyman's Digital Practice and a Partner in the Finance & Risk Practice, based in New York.
In his 16 years with the firm, he has consulted on a wide range of risk management and strategy topics, primarily for large North American financial institutions. As the co-head of the Americas Data Science and Engineering platform, he is developing innovative analytic solutions and delivery models. He also plays a lead role in the firm's cyber risk consulting offerings.
His areas of content expertise include: corporate, retail and structured credit analytics; stress testing and capital management; valuation and financial reporting analytics; economic capital and credit portfolio modeling; balance sheet and asset-liability management strategy; and risk organization, governance, and reporting.
James’s recent consulting engagements have included:
- Risk appetite and risk reporting design across multiple business segments and risk types, including cyber risk
- Model development and model validation engagements across a broad range of financial risk categories
- Stress testing analysis and strategic support for 8 US banks in the context of CCAR
- Risk transformation for a US regional bank, across areas including risk appetite, governance and organization, risk reporting and risk models
- Resolution and recovery plan development for a US G-SIB
- Balance sheet strategy and optimization of return within capital/liquidity constraints for a large US bank
James holds a B.A. cum laude from Harvard University.