Dean Kerr is a Life actuary located in our Toronto Office. He specializes in providing actuarial consulting services to insurance entities and self-insured organizations.
Dean has experience in many aspects of life insurance financial management, including pricing, financial reporting, due diligence, securitizations and predictive modeling. Dean he has been heavily involved in building, modifying or reviewing actuarial models. He has extensive experience using the GGY AXIS actuarial system and other actuarial systems.
Dean’s professional experiences include:
- Enhancing an ALM model in GGY AXIS for a large indexed annuity due diligence project
- Building and testing a multi-state model for long-term care in GGY AXIS
- Leading GGY AXIS system conversions in Singapore and the United States for individual life and long-term care products and riders
- Acting as subject matter expert in the planning of GGY AXIS system conversions in Australia, South Africa and the United Kingdom for individual life, income protection, funeral benefits and long-term care products
- Enhancing a capital planning model in GGY AXIS for reinsured individual life business in the US
Dean joined Oliver Wyman in July 2012 after having previously worked at Munich Reinsurance (Canada Life Branch), ING Life & Annuity Company, Towers Perrin and Transamerica Life Canada.
Dean is a Fellow of the Society of Actuaries and Associate of the Canadian Institute of Actuaries.