David Beasley is a Principal in the Atlanta office. He advises and provides actuarial services to a wide array of clients, including life insurers, reinsurers, investment banks, and private equity firms. David also serves as the Atlanta office’s Relationship Steward with GGY (developers of AXIS).
David’s varied experiences cover many aspects of life insurance financial management, including pricing, financial reporting, asset adequacy testing, business appraisals, and independent peer reviews. David specializes in financial modeling, mergers & acquisitions, embedded value reporting, and indexed life products.
Some of David's professional experiences include:
- Leading the equity-indexed annuity modeling in AXIS as part of a buy-side due diligence review
- Heading the traditional life model conversion team as part of a multi-year project to migrate modeling platforms and produce customized reinsurance treaty financial reporting results for a large European based reinsurer
- Directing the universal life modeling team as part of the development of an actuarial appraisal of a US life insurer owned by a Canadian parent
- Reviewing the annual traditional embedded value results for blocks of indexed life insurance, deferred annuity, and payout annuity business
- Examining annual market-consistent embedded value results for a large US subsidiary of a European reinsurer
- Key player in the pricing and development of universal life insurance products
- Essential member of buy-side due diligence review of several life insurance and reinsurance companies
- Peer review of US life insurance assumptions and modeling methodologies for Canadian insurance companies
- In-depth reviews of indexed universal life insurance and disability insurance models
David is active in the affairs of the actuarial profession and has spoken on various topics at industry meetings. Recent speaking topics include market consistent embedded value reporting, the current state of the secondary life insurance market, and variable annuity product design.
He is a Fellow of the Society of Actuaries, Member of the American Academy of Actuaries, and Chartered Enterprise Risk Analyst.