Dan is a Partner in Oliver Wyman’s Health and Life Sciences practice focusing on issues of revenue growth and operational effectiveness.
- Led a comprehensive reorganization of a client’s entire sales organization, including redefining roles and responsibilities, establishing appropriate staffing levels, prioritizing target customer segments, and restructuring incentive rewards. Client realized immediate improvements in business acquisition, and higher net return on sales force investment.
- Facilitated near-term strategic business planning processes to align cross-functional efforts in support of the client’s greater transformation towards integrated health management. Helped to identify critical initiatives and trade-offs, and then rationalize strategic needs with operational capacity such that the organization was able to effectively execute its plan.
- Led an extended engagement focused on improving a client’s strategic pricing functions and operations. Evaluated core actuarial capabilities and underwriting functions and identified key areas in which to improve efficiency and competitiveness. Bridged cross-functional boundaries to create a collaborative partnership with the sales organization, and then extended upon this partnership to enable more accurate strategic forecasts for both membership and pricing.
- Led an in-depth study of the impact that on-going medical inflation and economic recession will have on employers’ health benefits strategies. Characterized developing market forces, identified strategic alternatives, and devised a recommended action plan to leverage the client’s core assets to reinforce and extend its market position.
- Led the development of a turn-key product bundling solution to drive membership growth and margin performance. Effectively engaged client experts across multiple functional, geographic and business units to forge a practical, yet compelling value proposition and systematic sales collateral to drive adoption in the market.
- Oversee ongoing research of the benefits distribution marketplace, focusing the channel’s ability to adapt to relentless medical inflation as well as economic forces.
Dan spent 10 years working on strategic sales and marketing issues in the pharmaceutical and biotechnology sectors with ZS Associates. Through engagements with clients in the US as well as Europe, South America and Asia, Dan became a trusted advisor to leading biotechnology and pharmaceutical clients on issues spanning all aspects of go-to-market strategy. Dan joined ChapterHouse in 2007, becoming part of Oliver Wyman when the two firms joined forces in the summer of 2008. Dan holds a BBA from the University of Michigan and an MBA from Duke University.