Bruce is a New York-based Partner in Oliver Wyman’s Consumer and Industrials practice, and member of the firm’s Pricing, Sales and Marketing team.
He has over 20 years of experience helping companies drive top-line growth and improve profitability, both organically and through acquisition. His particular expertise is in offer design, pricing, and revenue management. He has led commercial and operational transformation efforts for leading airlines, transports, industrials, and service providers.
His recent work includes:
- Helped an online travel company (OTA) to improve commercial effectiveness, using data analytics and machine learning to optimize online marketing ad spend, pricing, and ancillary service fees
- Advised an investment group on the offer design and pricing strategy for its new entrant in the cruise industry
- Advised a leading mid-sized airline in their sell-side process and JV negotiations resulting in highly competitive bids from three strategic investors; also negotiated the pending international JV application and request for anti-trust immunity
- For several leading airlines in the US, Mexico, and Latin America, led commercial diagnostic and improvement programs that generated 2-7% gains in revenue. Designed new offerings, fare rules, and inventory management schemes. Redesigned pricing and RM organization, processes, tools and reporting. Evaluated and implemented new RM and Passenger Service Systems
- Redesigned sales strategy, model, and tools for several leading companies including airlines, freight carriers, and provider of food and facilities management services
- Led development of the turnaround plan for a leading integrated parcel carrier, including account management and pricing, operational requirements, and SG&A reduction
- Developed aftermarket strategy and optimized parts pricing for several manufacturers and distributors of industrial products and parts. Achieved of EBITDA improvement on generic products as well as IP products
- Developed disruption strategy for postal service provider and an integrated parcel carrier. Forecast outlook for e-Commerce and impact on their business model, network, and margin. Developed contracting strategy, pricing, volume/mix targets, and counter strategies
- Supported a major international airline group in creating the post-merger blueprint for multi-carrier operations in a multi-regulatory environment. Defined key integration, harmonization, and improvement initiatives for Operations and Maintenance
- Led the acquisition due diligence of a European airline and its third-party aircraft maintenance operation. Developed revised business plan and quantified commercial and operation synergies with the potential acquirer
Bruce has also led commercial due diligence for several leading private equity firms and strategic investors in a range of sectors, including travel, transportation, business services, and distribution. Additionally, he has led commercial and operational transformations, including post-merger integration for leading global companies.
Prior to joining Oliver Wyman in 2005, Bruce was a Vice President in Corporate Finance at Bank of America and Deutsche Bank Securities; and a Manager in A.T. Kearney’s transportation consulting practice.
Bruce holds an MBA from the Kellogg School of Management at Northwestern University and a BS in Economics from the Wharton School at the University of Pennsylvania.