Beth's experiences include product development for managed care and traditional plans, trend analysis, review of filings for state insurance departments, fee schedule analysis, financial management and forecasting, compliance, underwriting issues, provider capitation development, mental health pricing, Medicare capitation development, Medicaid capitation development, reserve analysis, and legislative analysis. She has also performed forecasting and financial valuations for start-up organizations, as well as for potential mergers and acquisitions.
Beth has participated in many rate hearings during her career with Oliver Wyman. She is recognized as an expert in the individual health insurance market, as well as in the Medicare supplement insurance market.
Beth's professional experience includes:
- Developing Medicaid capitation rates for managed health care plans.
- Financial reporting and forecasting for health insurance plans.
- Pricing of individual and group health insurance rates. This includes manual rates for the small group business as well as experience rating large group business.
- Quantifying the financial impact of legislative proposals for health plans as well as consumers.
- Trend analysis for small group, individual and other medical products.
Beth has co-authored several papers including "Government-Sponsored Health Insurance Purchasing Arrangements: Do They Reduce Costs or Expand Coverage for Individuals and Small Employers", "Impact of Association Health Plan Legislation on Premium and Coverage for Small Employers", "Impact of Prior Approval Requirements for Rate Changes of Small Employers Group and Individual Health Policies", and the semi-annual Oliver Wyman Trend Survey.
Beth is a Fellow of the Society of Actuaries and a Member of the American Academy of Actuaries.