Sukanya’s recent experience includes the following:
- Developed a next generation enterprise-wide integrated population health management strategy and implementation plan for a national payer that identified 5% savings in medical benefit expense
- For a regional Blues plan, developed plan to increase efficiency, effectiveness and member engagement levels for its care management programs and identified $13 M of in-year net savings
- Developed a consumer-centric strategy for a regional health plan’s Board. Work included development of over 100 consumer-facing solutions to address health and lifestyle related hassles and needs of consumers as uncovered by analysis of a 1,700 respondent consumer survey and five focus groups. Profiled and analyzed top ten ideas to redefine the health plan’s strategy, business model and economics and consumer engagement.
- Crafted a private exchange vision for the leadership of a diversified health services company
- Created a post-reform national product strategy and consumer segment valuation approach for a national payer
- For a Blue Cross Blue Shield plan, developed a range of product design strategies to reduce costs, manage excise tax concerns and improve member health and productivity for a select set of large group customers.
- For a large multi-billion dollar grocer and pharmacy chain, developed a strategy to enter into health services provision and create a new multi-billion dollar business
- Developed an extensive front office redesign and transformation effort for a multi-billion dollar health services firm to facilitate a shift from a transactional product focus to a customer-centric, relationship-driven, integrated solutions focus
- Created a long-term health care strategy targeting the Baby Boomer generation for a large affinity organization. Work included extensive market and healthcare product assessments, interviews, development and assessment of alternative business model options and recommendations to the Board
- Established an extensive growth strategy and state-specific implementation plan for a large national specialty provider in the orthotics and prosthetics market
- Quantified the value a large affinity organization had offered to a leading health insurance company over a joint multi-year contract. Identified $10B+ of value through an extensive 1,200 respondent conjoint consumer survey to quantify the impact of the brand, a risk based capital analysis on the structure of the contract, SG&A and other financial analyses
- Co-developed Oliver Wyman’s perspective on Health Market 2.0, population health management, breakthrough consumer engagement and health product of the future through the Oliver Wyman Health Innovation Center
Sukanya has an A.B. (magna cum laude) from Harvard College in Sociology and Economics and an MBA from the Harvard Business School.