Her primary areas of focus are in establishing value-based models and developing innovative go-to-market commercialization strategies for both payers and providers. She has worked with a variety of constituents in the healthcare marketplace (e.g., pharmacy benefits managers, pharmaceutical companies), but her primary experience has been in working with health plans to develop provider strategies rooted in value based design.
In addition, she serves as Director of the Oliver Wyman Health Innovation Center (OWHIC) – a collaborative with CEOs and senior decision-makers focused on building breakthrough models that integrate the best of healthcare, retail, social media, and technology industries.
- For a small regional health plan looking to substantially grow share, led efforts to partner with providers to launch geographically-focused, low-cost, value-based products to grow membership and market presence (including development of the plan’s Exchange product portfolio and launch of a co-branded ACO product)
- For a large, national integrated delivery system, led development of business plans for multi-year roll-out of six key product commercialization opportunities, including detailed financial projections, and contracting and network strategy
- For a large regional health plan, led the provider engagement strategy, specifically related to efforts to create ACO partnerships with independent physician groups and local hospital systems
- For two regional health plans, developed the strategy and go-to-market approach to support launch of a jointly developed health plan product in a new market
- For an international pharmaceutical company’s Canadian business, led development of a patient-driven strategy for prostate cancer products and services
- For a large regional health plan, defined design elements for an ACO strategy and detailed provider partnership model
Shivani has been with Oliver Wyman since 2005. She received her MBA from the Wharton School of Management at the University of Pennsylvania and holds an undergraduate degree from Northwestern University.