Oliver Wyman's Global Risk & Trading Practice enables the world's top industrial corporations and commodity trading organizations to gain competitive advantages by helping them to manage risk across their businesses more effectively. Through our work with global leaders in a broad range of industries, we have developed unique capabilities that help industrial corporations and commodity trading organizations create value and maximize performance by making risk-adjusted strategy, investment, and capital allocation decisions.
Our practice has decades of specialized expertise in risk management, and we draw on the deep knowledge that partners in other parts of Oliver Wyman possess about specific industries, regulatory issues, economic trends, and leadership development to anticipate challenges in our clients' competitive environments and deliver comprehensive, customized solutions that improve their operations and risk-return profile.
Our practice supports top corporations in embedding risk and volatility management into decision-making processes across their organizations. In the areas of strategic, counterparty, commodity, and large project risks, we offer advice on the frameworks and best practices that improve a company's financial performance by improving its risk-adjusted decision making.
Key Areas of Insight
- Risk-based portfolio strategy
- Risk management frameworks, governance and organization
- Commodity, FX, interest rate and credit risk hedging strategies
- Risk appetite, risk capital frameworks and risk-based performance measurement
- Large capital project and supply chain risk management
Leading commodity traders count on our practice to create the risk-adjusted infrastructure necessary for their organizations to optimize value. We support our clients on all matters related to the risks they encounter in their business ranging from building trading processes, tackling strategic challenges, to establishing an appropriate governance structure and the required risk methodologies.
Key Areas of Insight
- Strategy and portfolio management
- Governance and organization
- Systems selection and process design
- Building and expanding trading businesses
- Risk management frameworks, exposure models and policies