Inderpreet has advised major retail banks, wealth managers, and payment firms on several strategic and operational issues. His recent project experience includes:
- Pricing strategy for payments network, leveraging unique assets and relative competitive positioning.
- Relationship pricing strategy for US retail brokerage, based on product and relationship economics, advisor pricing practices, and client attitudes towards pricing.
- Pricing strategy and value proposition design for an emerging payments player.
- Retirement strategy for US retail brokerage, encompassing defining key USPs, distribution strategy and pilot design.
- Strategic default in mortgage. Led seminal study which leveraged credit bureau data to quantify and categorize the anecdotally-reported phenomenon, and determine implications for public policy.
In addition to project work, Inderpreet writes regularly on key trends in the industry. His most recent publication “IRA Rollovers – the Road to Wealth (Management)” argued how banks can leverage data and digital to build a meaningful IRA rollover business, which can serve as a platform for a broader wealth management business.
Prior to Oliver Wyman, Inderpreet was a consultant with Inductis (boutique financial services consulting firm; an offshoot of the Mitchell Madison Group) and the Boston Consulting Group. He has an undergraduate degree in Chemical Engineering from the Indian Institute of Technology Delhi and an MBA from the Indian Institute of Management Calcutta, where he was awarded the Roll of Honor.