Esther has over 20 years of actuarial and insurance experience, both as a corporate and consulting actuary, and underwriter. She has been the lead consultant on numerous reserve analyses and opinions for P&C insurance carriers and corporate clients.
Prior to joining Oliver Wyman, Esther also served as a Regional Actuary and performed pricing, model development, profitability reviews, regulatory filings, systems development, and underwriting guideline setting.
Esther’s professional experiences include
- Evaluation of unpaid claims – actuarial reviews of liabilities for budgeting, financial and regulatory reporting, statement of actuarial opinions
- Pricing and loss forecasts – actuarial analysis to determine loss costs, funding requirements and premiums
- Program optimization – evaluation of optimal combinations of risk transfer and retention as well as alternative program structures
- Cash flow analyses – Forecast of future cash flows due to existing and expected future liabilities
- Allocation studies – design and implementation of programs that allocate the cost of risk across cost centers, operating divisions or group members
- Feasibility studies – actuarial assistance in evaluating alternative risk financing mechanisms
Esther is an Associate of the Casualty Actuarial Society and a Member of the American Academy of Actuaries. She is also a member and former president of Casualty Actuaries of the Bay Area, a CAS regional affiliate.