Relevant experience includes:
- Launching start-up mobile operators in Emerging Markets, including running Launch Office, and supporting the clients’ network/operations, marketing, customer care, distribution & sales, and support functions.
- Fixed line regulatory strategy for a leading telecoms operator, including defining and modeling a regime transition (from public to private), benchmarking best practices, roadshowing to the government (Regulator, Communications, Planning, and Finance Ministries, among many other) - one of the most important and highest impact Telecom projects in Brazil.
- Turnaround and PMO of a major mobile player in LATAM, with a specific focus on sub-projects in the following areas: fraud turnaround & management, revenue assurance, collections and customer service / call center, etc.
- Complete turnaround and PMO of an incumbent mobile operator in LATAM: overall efforts covered 13 work fronts, ranging from residential offer redesign and new product launches to distribution and PMO.
- Sales and customer care strategy for a Colombian fixed line player.
- Customer care turnaround/transformation (call center, field operation, back-office) and PMO plan for a leading Telco’s broadband (ADSL) and fixed-line business units; 30-40% reduction in customer complaints.
- Headcount reduction case for a leading convergent Brazilian Telco, including all departments and levels.
- Fixed line field service strategy and transformation plan for a leading Emerging Market Telco
- New product launch for CMT player; project focused on extensive field work and research analysis to test product, economic analysis, and go-to-market strategy (target segment, value proposition, pricing, and distribution, among others).
Alessandro holds a degree in Business Administration from Fundação Getulio Vargas (FGV) in Brazil and a MBA from the London Business School (LBS). He is fluent in Portuguese and English, and has working knowledge of Spanish