Oliver Wyman Named by Working Mother Among 100 Best Companies for 2014
Oliver Wyman, the global management consulting firm, announced today that it has been named one of the 100 Best Companies by Working Mother. For 29 years, Working Mother has provided gold standard recognition of organizations that promote a distinct commitment to progressive workplace environments and programs.
The firm was selected for outstanding leadership in establishing policies, programs and corporate culture that supports working moms, including child care, flexible work arrangements, paid parental leave and advancement of women. Selected companies were also measured on access to and usage of family friendly programs.
“We are delighted to be recognized by Working Mother,” said Scott McDonald, CEO of Oliver Wyman Group. “Not only does this selection allow us to celebrate where we are today, it challenges us to further improve the environment for mothers at Oliver Wyman and make more progress developing sustainable work life balance for all of our colleagues.”
Included in the notable work life sustainability options available at Oliver Wyman are the following:
· FlexOW – This suite of career management programs enables colleagues to enjoy tailored, sustainable, and rewarding long-term careers at Oliver Wyman. Programs allow colleagues to make an impact outside of Oliver Wyman through externships and non-profit fellowships; broaden their experience within Oliver Wyman and the Marsh & McLennan Companies through internal role rotations; or take more time for themselves through reduced-time options and sabbaticals.
· The Oliver Wyman Design Labs reframe the work-life balance issue as a work-design challenge and empower teams to develop sustainable solutions. Participants receive tools, resources, and training to conduct bold experiments to improve how Oliver Wyman colleagues work. The experiments that improve measures of employee and client experience are then rolled-out firm wide.
· The Way We Work enables Oliver Wyman teams to address work-life issues in real time with tools, templates, and surveys. In doing so, it supports best practices, holds colleagues accountable, and upholds the values of the firm.
· Inspiring Leaders is a new leadership development and sponsorship program designed to provide women with greater clarity and support on the path to partnership at Oliver Wyman. Though the cornerstone is one-on-one sponsorship, participants also benefit from development of a more robust peer network and training on leadership essentials.
· The Oliver Wyman Parental Coaching Collaborative provides counsel and support to employees as they transition to new parenthood. The in-house program provides applicable advice, valuable connections, and internal capabilities to assist Oliver Wyman colleagues.
Oliver Wyman’s profile in the complete list of the 2014 Working Mother 100 Best Companies can be found here.
About Working Mother Media
Working Mother Media, a division of Bonnier Corporation (bonnier.com), is the publisher of Working Mother magazine and its companion website workingmother.com, and is home to the Working Mother Research Institute. The National Association for Female Executives (nafe.com ) and Diversity Best Practices (diversitybestpractices.com) are also units within WMM. Working Mother Media’s mission is to serve as a champion of culture change. Working Mother magazine is the only national magazine for career-committed mothers. Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and Pinterest.
About Oliver Wyman
Oliver Wyman is a global leader in management consulting. With offices in 50+ cities across nearly 30 countries, Oliver Wyman combines deep industry knowledge with specialized expertise in strategy, operations, risk management, and organization transformation. The firm has more than 4,700 professionals around the world who help clients optimize their business, improve their operations and risk profile, and accelerate their organizational performance to seize the most attractive opportunities. Oliver Wyman is a wholly owned subsidiary of Marsh & McLennan Companies [NYSE: MMC]. For more information, visit www.oliverwyman.com. Follow Oliver Wyman on Twitter @OliverWyman.