Oliver Wyman provides strategic, operational, and financial planning consulting to private and state-owned freight and passenger railroads, private trucking operations, and motor carrier and bus transit operators worldwide. Our areas of expertise include turnaround, restructuring and privatization, market and competitive analysis, business design, and the development of winning operational and commercial strategies.
- Truckload industry market assessment for a confidential investment fund client
- Merger assessment for two major North American trucking companies
- Growth strategy for one of the largest owner-operator based LTL carriers in North America
- Cost-based strategic review of carload freight operations, including profit improvement plan
- National transport restructuring initiative for the South African Department of Transport
- Financial diagnosis and restructuring plan in support of the privatization of the national railway of Mexico
- Highlights of global reach and value to clients