Retail & Business Banking
Oliver Wyman's Retail & Business Banking practice advises leading banks, credit institutions, payments companies and investments firms around the world in shaping and implementing business strategies aimed at serving consumer households and small and medium-sized businesses.
Top-line revenue growth is the key driver of risk-adjusted shareholder value creation for retail and business banking operations. Growth sustains a virtuous circle in which strong performance inspires confidence in the bank’s value proposition, attracting the best talent and encouraging the right behaviors. The Retail & Business Banking Practice has an extensive track record in helping banks focus on growth through strategy execution and innovation.
Many retail financial services institutions struggle with aggressive competitors, pricing and interest margin pressure, and fast-growing costs. With careful top-line management and a close eye on operating efficiency, the Retail & Business Banking Practice helps clients achieve risk-adjusted profits above hurdle on a sustainable basis.
Top-performing retail financial institutions often have strong cultures that create the organizational energy needed to grow and continually improve performance. We have significant experience in driving executive management teams towards alignment and in developing transformational processes that make big changes possible without “betting the bank.” Our approach involves catalyzing management dialogue, using pilot projects to both create champions and deliver results, and developing an organizational structure and economic model that can support higher performance in the longer term.
Key Areas of Insight
- Consumer and SME banking strategy
- Credit and deposits – strategic pricing, product management and innovation
- Information-based decision analytics
- Sales performance and channel management
- Credit process, collections and loss management
- Oliver Wyman and Efma: Exploring the Map
- The Securities-Backed Refinance
- Small Business Banking
- Financing Small Businesses
- A Profit Growth Strategy for Small Business Banking
- Oliver Wyman & EFMA Report - Advanced and Mobile Payments: What’s Stopping You?
- Perspectives on the UK Retail Banking Market
- The Outlook for Co-operative Banking in Europe 2012
- Risk in the Australian Mortgage Market: Looking Beyond the Average
- US Mortgage Finance: What Should the Future Look Like?
- Americas Spring 2012 Retail Banking Digest
- Responsible Debt Collection in Emerging Markets
- The Future of Canadian Banking