Tammy has provided actuarial consulting services for over 20 years. Her present responsibilities include product development and pricing for many types of managed care and traditional plans, Medicare Advantage pricing, reserve analysis, development of provider capitation rates, trend analysis, review of filings for state insurance departments, fee schedule analysis, financial management and forecasting, underwriting process reviews, risk adjustment, and legislative analysis.
Tammy is heavily involved in healthcare reform and is considered an industry expert on the Affordable Care Act (ACA), specializing in the individual and small group markets. In addition to assisting health plans in the development and pricing of ACA compliant products, she has assisted several states enhance their rate review processes to achieve effective rate review status, and has performed many studies to assist states in the planning and development of state based exchanges. Tammy is the primary author of the practice’s healthcare reform micro-simulation model and oversees the practice’s commercial pricing models.
Tammy's professional experiences include:
- Assisting health plans develop pricing and product strategies for the post-2014 reformed market.
- Assisting several states plan for the implementation of state based Exchanges.
- Assisting CCIIO in the development of the rate review requirements for the federal fallback Exchanges.
- Pricing, preparation, certification and audit of Medicare Advantage Part C and Part D bids.
- Primary author of Oliver Wyman’s Healthcare Reform Microsimulation Model.
- Responsible for the creation and maintenance of the Practice’s commercial pricing models.
- Performing comprehensive reviews of new business and renewal underwriting strategies, including the development of merit underwriting models.
- Reviewing health filings for several state departments of insurance
Tammy is a Fellow of the Society of Actuaries and a member of the American Academy of Actuaries.