Shari has been a practicing health actuary for nearly 30 years in both consulting and insurance environments. Prior to joining Oliver Wyman, she was the Chief Actuary at the Blue Cross Blue Shield Association. Her experience with health insurers includes the development of medical and dental products for individuals to large employer groups, the analysis and assessment emerging healthcare trends, corporate and operational expense analyses, new product design and pricing, actuarial liability valuation, financial reporting, financial planning, and preparing regulatory filings. Her previous consulting experience includes reviewing regulatory filings, analyzing the financial condition of insurers, and supporting self-insured employer benefit plans.
Shari’s professional experience includes:
• Analyzing the financial impact of legislative and regulatory proposals for health plans and consumers
• Develop recommendations for legislative and regulatory changes to improve the health insurance markets
• Trend analysis for large group, small group, individual and other medical products
• Pricing of individual, small group and large group health insurance medical products, including fully insured and self-insured
• Valuation, financial reporting and forecasting for health insurance companies
Shari is a Fellow of the Society of Actuaries and a member of the American Academy of Actuaries. She is currently the Vice President of American Academy of Actuaries Health Practice Council and Board Member of the American Academy of Actuaries.