He developed digital strategies, IT strategies and global IT delivery models for clients in many industries, including utilities, manufacturing industries, plant engineering, automotive, high tech, telecommunications, transportation, semiconductors, chemicals, healthcare, financial services and retail. Beyond this, he is an expert in restructuring and managing large technology Transformation projects.
His assignments include the following:
- Strategy and ramp-up of greenfield digital attacker in the utilities space
- Digital transformation and IT-strategy for a leading technology and engineering group
- IT-PMI for a group of plant engineering companies
- Cyber risk strategy for a globally leading manufacturing company
- IT strategy for a telco group
- IT-PMI in the utilities industry
- IT strategy and cyber risk strategy for a defense company
- IT-PMI ramp-up for two retail banks
- Global IT footprint and organization optimization for a heavy machinery company
- Launch management of toll collection system for a telematics service provider
- Launch management of pricing system for a rail transportation provider
- IT efficiency programs in a broad range of industries
Kai studied at the European Business School (Oestrich-Winkel/Germany and London/UK), San Diego State University (USA) and Technical University Dresden. He holds a degree in Information Management and a Ph.D. in Computer Science. Before joining Oliver Wyman he worked in another international consulting firm as a partner in the IT sector. He is fluent in German and English.