Jim is a Government Programs and Healthcare Reform specialist at Oliver Wyman and has guided several companies in the development and implementation of Exchange strategies, Seniors strategies and Medicaid expansion plans. He has deep experience in strategic planning and development of segment growth plans. Jim has worked with health plans of all sizes, as well as healthcare technology companies and health delivery systems.
- Led the development of a healthcare reform strategy with a large state-based Blue plan
- Developed segment entry plans with a leading healthcare technology company.
- Led the public markets growth strategy for a regional Blue Cross Blue Shield plan.
- Created a Health Management growth and diversification strategy for a leading specialty HM player.
- Built a multi-product Seniors market strategy with a state-based Blue Cross Blue Shield plan.
- Created a long-range strategic plan for a multi-hospital system, including identifying new facility and service line needs.
- Directed the capabilities development, network build-out, and CMS application filing for the launch of two network-based Medicare Advantage products.
- Built local market development plans for a national health insurer to increase share penetration in 10 targeted markets.
- Developed the national Medicare Part D entry strategy for a managed care company.
- Developed a Care Management strategy with a leading health plan.
- Created market development plans for the Government Programs markets with a leading healthcare technology company.
- Produced channel development plans for a major health insurance carrier increasing it distribution coverage and penetration.
- Led the market assessment of Taft Hartley segment and built go-to-market plans for a national health insurer.
Prior to joining Oliver Wyman in 2002, Jim honed his experience in private equity and business consulting with a big five firm.
Jim received his MBA from the Northwestern University’s J.L. Kellogg School of Management and holds an undergraduate degree from Ball State University. He serves on the Board of Evaluators for Ball State University’s nationally ranked Entrepreneurship Program.
Jim enjoys partnering with company leaders to develop meaningful growth initiatives and insightful market-based strategies.